I’ve been thinking for awhile that I should write reviews/recaps on some of my favorite tv shows because I’m the type of person who googles the episode after finishing it to look for answers and find other viewers as obsessed as me who I can relate to. I never end up finding much. So I’m going to try writing my own! If you are reading this and are a crazy PLL fan, please do comment and talk with me about it!
Note: If you are not caught up with the latest episodes of Pretty Little Liars, you might want to bookmark this post for later.
So tonight I watched two episodes (I’ve been behind!): “Crazy” and “Stolen Kisses”.
Here’s a quick recap of “Crazy”:
- Det. Wilden thinks its Hanna’s blood on the anklet Spencer and Jason found. (Type O-Negative, for those fans who want to take note of these things.)
- The liars meet an old friend of Alison’s, CeCe. She looks/sounds eerily like Ali. She’s heard about the girls, but they have no idea who she is. Hm. (And she also dated Jason, for those of you who think Ali has a twin/CeCe is the twin. She’s not.)
- Ella goes on a date with Pastor Ted (is he the only eligible bachelor in Rosewood?)
- Spencer wears a horrible outfit remenscent of a rollerskate diner girl.
- Nate’s all set to go out with Jenna, and enlists Emily’s help in buying her gifts. But, he hints to Emily that he’d rather be with her.
- Hanna finds a gift from ‘A’ in her kitchen and pricks her finger on it – its an old Ouija board she and Mona once played with, accompanied by the note “See how easy it is for me to get your blood?” Turns out this Ouija board was buried in Ali’s grave (along with the earrings and whatever else came up, I forget. Someone remind me?)
- Flashback to Hanna and Mona playing with the board. They ask about Ali and the board says “Alive.” Hanna sees Ali outside her back door. (Oh, and its a thunderstorm. Again. Like all flashbacks. Not complaining, though – I love thunder storms.)
- Ella goes on her date and isn’t too impressed with the pastor. She fancies the coffee shop owner instead.
- Aria visits Mona. (And nothing really happens.)
- Meanwhile, Hanna runs into Ali’s dad, who hates her. Turns out, Hanna called the DiLaurentis’ the night she saw Ali outside her back door, and told them she was alive. That was three days before they found her body.
- CeCe anonymously calls Jenna and threatens her if she goes out with Nate. And it works, because Emily later walks past Nate in a restaurant alone, looking distressed. (With his gift for Jenna on the table. How sad.)
- Hanna and Aria go back to see Mona via sneaking in. They get distracted and Mona sneaks off into the creepy Children’s Ward. They find her playing with dolls, saying weird things: “Miss Aria, you’re a killer, not Ezra’s wife.” “Where were we?” “Maya’s away sleeping sweet; until Garret’s all rosy, count on me.” “Where were we?” “No one to save Ali from evil, no one to save Ali from evil.” [Then the nurses come in to collect her.] To them: “No.” “I missed my dolls.”
- Jason gets drunk and crashes his car, and Spencer covers for him. Clueless Toby has to lie to the police later, saying she was with him all night.
- Hanna realizes that Mona’s weird sayings were a code they used to use. The girls decipher it to be, “Maya knew”, “not safe”, and “www.massugar.com”. They check out the website and see a photo of Maya, but the rest is password protected.
- Last scene is ‘A’ walking into the Children’s Ward, pulling the head off of one of the dolls, and pulling out a tape recorder – playing back the girls’ talking to Mona and Mona saying the code.
What I think:
Is it Hanna’s blood on the anklet? I don’t really care. I’m pretty sure she’s innocent, so it would obvious just be a set up. ‘A’ basically alluded to as much with the note, anyway.
I think Spencer hit the nail of the head when she rebutted Aria’s “That chick [CeCe] is freakishly like Ali” with “Or was Ali freakishly like her?” I have a feeling that CeCe was the original mean girl who taught Ali her ways.
Regarding the Ouija board: the liars are worried that ‘A’ knew about that night with Mona (or that maybe Mona is still ‘A’ and therefore she’s the one who orchestrated the gift in Hanna’s kitchen.) But I don’t think it matters what ‘A’ knows. They reason it was in Hanna’s kitchen is because she buried it in Ali’s grave. So obviously it has some significance; ‘A’ could have just guessed. But, knowing ‘A’, he/she/they are probably fully in the loop anyway.
I don’t know what I make of Ali’s dad hating Hanna – other than her matching blood type now gives him another reason to hate her. But I doubt this will really turn into anything major. I think they just put this in to bring up the flashbacks of the code Hanna had with Mona.
I don’t know what to make of the Children’s Ward either. But something tells me that it has some significance because Aria reads the sign on the door aloud: “Children’s Ward. Dedicated in 1931.” (No idea on this one. Btw, Mona broke into this locked area of the hospital via the tweezers she swiped from Hanna’s makeup supplies a few visits ago. The same tweezers she pricked her finger with. Any connection between this and the blood on the anklet / possibly framing Hanna?”)
I loved the code bit! So fun! As soon as Hanna told the girls about it, I excitedly rewound and jotted it down for myself. “Maya knew” – so exciting! Haha, I loved this. Who knows what the website may hold, but this episode definitely gave away some key info and it was fun finding it!
Now, as for the last bit that Mona said – “No. I missed my dolls.” She was talking to the nurses, not the girls, so I’m not sure if this is part of the code or not. It could be NIMMD or just IMMD (maybe “No” didn’t count.) Not sure. We shall have to wait and see!
Luckily for me, I watched this episode the same day as the following episode, so I wasn’t uncomfortably waiting like usual. This post is quite long so I think I’ll break it up into two posts afterall. Click here for the next episode!
P.S. After I watch Pretty Little Liars, I always start looking for Janel Parrish (Mona) behind doors and in dark corners. Anyone else do this?